Ok ladies, I am so new to this I am just going to jump in and start asking my silly questions!
Can you tell me how long a trunk show should last in general? 2 hours? Is it better to have them during the day or evening? More than one day? Also, do you tell everyone in the invite, for example, "The trunk show is from 1-3. I will begin presenting the collections at 1:30" or do you even mention that?
I have never been a home show person, so I need the basics to this! I am so excited to get started! :)
Thanks so much for any help and info!!!
No silly questions and I haven't done this either. It seems that most home shows I have attended are on a 2 hour timeline. I know the idea is to have everyone sit down to view the line, however there will be alot of come and go type showing. I think sometimes you just have to read your crowd and see what they respond to. As far as when, it's always hard to catch everyone. I plan to use my house as a filler to catch those people that couldn't make the show they were invited to.
ReplyDeleteI have been to trunk shows and they usually have been a come and go affair. The last one I atended was from 1-5pm at the hostesses home and her friends came at their convenience. This is what I might do if it were in my own home. The other parties I have attended have started at a certain time and then the sales rep would let us know that she needed to wrap it up by "x" time since she had kids. Some sales reps stay as long as needed....up to you. If it's a "hoppin" party, then I'd stay.
ReplyDeleteI have been to several open house type Trunk Shows. Personally, I like these because I don't feel pressured to go or buy. From a sales perspective this is the wrong line of thinking. Ha! BUT several of my friends are hesitant to have a trunk show. To get the ball rolling I'm going to host a series of open houses over 1-2 days so that my friends can swing by to take a look at our line. I'm hoping that once they see the clothes they will want to have a trunk show too.
ReplyDelete