Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Questions regarding shows and invites

I have a few questions I wanted to throw out there:

Are we able to tell our customers that they are paying 20% below retail in order to get them more excited about their purchases? (everyone loves a bargain)

Also, I know this was brought up at our last meeting, but I cannot remember the answer. For customers that go to the "Shop Direct with MVB", will they be paying the same prices that we will offer at our trunk show or the higher retail prices?

As we all know, the line is awesome, but I want to be able to convey that they are getting something special by coming to a trunk show in addition.

If an invitee to a trunkshow was not able to attend but wants to place an order independently either on-line or through me- will this count for the hostess?

And finally, has anyone come up with a cute, short (too the point), yet exciting little diddy for evites? I tend to babble and need a little help reigning it in. Any help would be appreciated.

That's all for now.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, you can tell the customer they are paying less than retail.

    If they go through MVB direct, they will be paying the same price as the trunk shows.
    If a customer cannot make it to the show but wants to order, you can add it to the trunk show total (providing you give them a deadline that you will close out the show for the hostess and you have their payment).

    Offer your first few hostesses a MVB bonus reward ($25 from you personally)to entice them to have a show.

    Can't help with evites yet...still trying to come up with something.

    I hope this helps!

    EJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the wording I have been using on my e-vites. I got the majority of this (I'm sure you will be able to tell which part) for the formal invite we can order through corporate.

    Join me for a My Vintage Baby Direct Trunk Show featuring fabulous collections of up-scale designer clothing for baby, girls and boys up to size 10, and even Mom. A piece of yesterday for the hip child of today. Simply put, its an event that promises fashion, friends, and fun for everyone. You may want to bring an outfit that fits your child really well to use for deciding on your childs size. Cash or credit cards only. Please feel free to bring a friend. I look forward to seeing you then!

    Hope that is helpful! megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was under the impression that the "Shop Direct with MVB" will reflect the retail prices, NOT the Trunk Show pricing.... these are the limited quantities/selections that MVB sells direct to customers on their website. They will not continue doing this for the Spring line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was under the same impression as Valeigh, that the website will be retail pricing. In the Q & A we received at the meeting, it says the website prices will be about 25% higher than what we will be selling at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for bringing that to my attention about the website pricing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all for answering my questions. I think the evite verbage is great, thanks Meghan

    ReplyDelete